the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 ford f250 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
check the wire again with it set to AC and i bet you the Green\white will work.
WOW did not read all the posts this it the forth one i said to use AC on the DMM.
jeepsrcool 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
I will try that but will it still not read constant volts. When I use the tach programming function it never gives me the return beep or flashing lights. I mean how does the module know if I check it ac or dc but hey I'm out of options so I will check it out. Thank
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
OK I checked the wire on AC and it jumped around from 2 to 3 but still did not program to start. Let me make sure I have this correct I do not use the pink wire for the glow plugs which is hot at ign. I also am programming it for tach mode, diesel glow plug delay 10 seconds but not using the pink wire. why would it not even try to start or the acc come on? the fuses are good and when I press the start button it just sits there and does nothing.
monty_77 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
is if flashing the parking lights three time on a failed attempt of starting
or how many flash do you get
If the system flashes the parking lights one to three times and doesn’t attempt remote, it means the following:
1 Parking Light Flash = Problem with Brake Switch.
2 Parking Light Flashes = Problem with Hood Switch.
3 Parking Light Flashes = Valet Service Mode.
7 Parking Light Flashes = Manual Transmission Error.
trouble shooting from you installation guide
TROUBLESHOOTING: “BEFORE YOU CALL” SECTION
UNIT WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO START (KEYLESS ENTRY FUNCTIONS NORMALLY):
The unit is in Valet mode. Turn IGN ON, press and hold valet/programming button for 5-6 seconds then turn key off. Unit
is now out of valet mode and should remote start. If optional LED is installed, then it will be on solid when in Valet.
UNIT FLASHES LIGHTS ONCE AND WILL NOT ATTEMPT A START:
The unit senses a fault at the Brake (Purple wire is active) or the Hood is OPEN (Gray wire grounded). This is a safety
feature of the unit. Check installation for faults and make sure hood is closed and latched and brake wire is not active.
monty_77 
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
that wire will work for the tach.
if you are in valet mode it might not learn the tach
you will not use the glow plug wire with the 10 sec timer
if the acc is not coming on you may have something wrong.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Ok gonna go check for valet mode and check the brake switch. I was told to hook the grey wire from the 6 pin harness to the grey and yellow on the ignition harness.
monty_77 
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
you have one ignition and three accessory wires for that vehicles
here is what i would have do with the installation
2006 ford
it does not have to make exactly but should be close
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
the 2006 ford pdf file would not open. So heres the seal the brake switch is correct only has 12v when applied, the hood switch is ok making when needed, the grey wire for acc has no power and none of the wires have power on first key turn and then loses power when cranking, so now Im sitting here again looking at a pretty box but it wont do anything. Does not even attempt to start, and the door locks wont even work with the 3 wire set up. I have power when the lock and unlock buttons are pushed but the locks do nothing. This thing can be this freaking hard to do.
monty_77 
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
it opens just fine on this end. you can try to download it from this site direct
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=2006
file 2006 Ford F250-350 Crime stopper installation
i forgot to mark the parking lights wire its brown at switch positive
the power with key is not as important as power when remote started
if you meter at the six pin harness at the do you have 12 volts at both power wires?
get it to start first then deal with the door locks
to me it sound like there is not power
when remote started do yo get power at the ignition wire of the remote starter, does it stay on the entire time the remotes is attempting to start?
the accessories of the remote stater do you have power when first activated and then drop off?
after the accessories drops off does the starter wire get power?
this is what you should test
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
OK i have looked at the diagram and the only thing missing is the relay which I can add. The wires at the 6 pin harness all have the correct power at the correct time except the grey wire now keep in mind this is with the truck started with the key not the remote because the remote will not start the truck. When the remote is pressed all I get is 3 ticks from the control module and no power to the pink, pink/white, or grey. I went thru and programmed the system like I was told but still nothing when the remote is hit. Once you turn the key to the On position without starting the grey, pink, and pink and white all have power, start the truck with the key the starter wire kicks in and kicks out just as needed. It almost seems as if the module is not seeing something it needs to because all my wires are correct according to everyone here with the exception of the relay and the tach wire which I am going with you and saying the GREEN / WHITE is it because you know more than I do on this. So any suggestions as to what the module may be missing? The arm and disarm for the locks activates the led and horn as well as when you go into program mode the horn is activated. Confused you could say that? Just curious what is the relay for and what is the yellow and black hooked to the grey going to do? Im just trying to learn something now. I mean I installed the keyless entry before actuators and all and now I cant even get those 2 wire actuators to work.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic