icon

2006 ford f250 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeepsrcool 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I will try that. Also I will check the pink and white wire. Thanks please don't give up on me yet.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Well I tried the pink and white wire but still no power on either pink or pink and white. I tried to remote start the truck then turn the key on but that didn't work either. I have power everywhere but at the pink wires. I even wired in the relay as noted by one of you and it made no difference. I had the driver door lock working manually at one time but that all went too. I only have 2 wires from the door locks a green and a blue i grounded on and touched the hot with the other and the lock would work reverse the wires and the lock would open but then it just quit.
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Pink and Pink/white are ignition hots when remote started-- if they have no power and you are sure you have power at the brain at the back of the two red wires, then you either are not plugged in all the way at that big connector, or you have a defective unit.....

You are sure you go into remote start mode correct?  The parking lights come on solid when you press start button, they go off about 3 seconds later while starter cranks, etc......

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
I assume I am in remote start mode when I press the remote start button the park lights come on and go off a few seconds later but the truck never starts. I assume my option is to find a replacement thru crimestopper since all the other wires work like they are suppose too. Why did I have to get the damaged goods? If you mean remote start mode being that the red led light is not solid then yes I am not in valet mode.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Can you start the truck with the key. then try to remote start it. turn the key off and pull it out.
if it says running then my bet would be that it is a bad starter relay.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
nope tried that and it cuts right off as normal. I have a different wiring diagram that says the grey and yellow on the harness is Ign 3 and there is no Ign 2 but it does show a key sense is black and pink at Ign harness and ACC's are RED / black and dark blue and light green. Does this make any difference as to the install?
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic