icon

2006 ford f250 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeepsrcool 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
ok heres an update I now have the headlights blinking while in program mode, the horn works properly, the brake switch is correct 0 volts until pressed. I now have the system grounded to a solid ground and the system when I press the start button clicks once waits the default time and clicks again 2 more times same motion. I was told to check my connections without the key and I have no power on the pink wire which is connected to the red and green, starter wire is correct, the grey for the acc also has no power when the remote is pressed. so i either need to figure out why my pink wire has no power when the remote is pressed or find another location for this wire. Both pink and pink and white should only be hooked to acc wires not constant 12v. Also I never did get the parking lights to flash only the headlights is this a problem? Also when you remove the module from the car disconnecting all wiring does it lose its programming? And last I need to program #1 for tach, #15 for preset, #18 for timed,#19 for 10 sec for timed start. Thanks
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
check the fuses in of the remote starter one might be blown
did you check the hood pin two flashes indicate the hood pin problem, after programing unhook it from the pin switch see if that works if it does readjust it and hook it back up.
the pink wire of the RS should go to the Ignition of the Truck, which should be GREEN/ red.
the pink/white i believe you are using for an accessory.
and no they pink and pink/white should not be hooked to constant 12v.
that's what the red wires are for.
as for the headlights flashing,check the wire make sure the wire only haves power when parking lights are turned on. sound like you might have the headlights wire and not parking lights
most will not lose programing when power is removed.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
I opened up the remote starter module and there are no fuses on the inside. The hood switch works perfect and I have the pink wire hooked to the red and green. I will double check the ignition to make sure it is the correct wire. Also I still cannot get the #1 function tach or tachless to register tach. It will read tachless when the remote is pressed but not tach when the lock button is pressed. Any clue on that? I will double check my wires for the lights that was pretty simple and also the wire for the pink wire. I assume I should test this with the key since I have no power now.
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

The fuses to check are the two 30 amp green fuses on your two red input wires-no need to open brain box- do you have BOTH red input to your R/S wires attached to +12v constant battery power?  at ignition switch wires is usally fine.  There are two input circuits to your R/S brain and the pink output wire is fed by one of these...if you don't have power, then one of these two red wires is having a bad connection- check at brain box-- see if both red wires show +12v battery voltage at all times.   You are soldering...right?. 

The parking light white wre from R/S should be soldered into the brown wire at the light switch.

I'd use the tach finder mode to find the tach wire- only after the R/S starts the truck and tests good first-- again-- do tach set-up last-- it is NOT the cause of your system not starting.

My chart shows your primary ignition wire on the truck as Red with light green tracer.. solder the pink wire to this.

Programming is never lost with loss of input voltage- it is in non-volatile memory once prgrammed.

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
I have the 2 red wires hooked up directly to the battery and last I checked both fuses were good. No I have not been soldering these wires but have been using some type of wire clamp. I would agree that soldering would be a better connection. Should I separate the 2 red wires making one feed from the battery and one from ignition source being the yellow constant 12v.
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Are you getting 12 volts at both red wires at the Main module six pin connector?
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2011 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Getting good current on both red fused wires and also when I turn the key on the pink shows current just not without the key.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2011 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I now have the parking lights working both red wires good current but the pink still has no current when the remote is pressed. The parking lights stay on for a few seconds I guess but at least I seem to be getting closer. Also where on drivers door or kick panel did someone tell me to hook the brown up for the dome light. Next step is where ever you tell me to go.
jeepsrcool 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Please don't abandon me I'm getting closer and closer
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2011 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

The pink ignition wire has to be powered when remote started- This is the big pink wire that is in the connector with all the other big wires (red, brown, gray, pink, pink/white)  not the little pink wire. 

Just for grins- intitiate remote starter- then turn ignition on (with key) as it cranks- see if it starts.....

If your big pink wire is not powered during R/S, then that is your issue- and could be a bad brain-- if you are not using the pink/white - you could wire it in instead of pink (its default is for ignition hot) and try it again.

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic