icon

06 ram 1500, viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sullivan91 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have the alarm portion installed, im really confused about the remote start portion. I have the relay, and a few wires left.
I am using the viper alarm and remote start all in one deal, with the CHALL and CHTH2.
Oh and another thing, I just recently installed LED tail lights after the alarm. When I lock the truck, a few seconds after I get a DOOR OPEN warning. No doors open. It only happened after the led tail light install. I seem to think the resistors they used are creating a different resistance in the wires. :( any help would be great!
Thanks
peanutskeeter 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2011 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
I removed my LED taillights from my RAM they were constantly going out. There is a good possibility that the resistors inline with the LEDs on the tail lights are causing some issues. Otherwise it should be your bypass module you want to take a look at. It should monitor your door inputs.
---Scotty P---
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2011 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  
What about the remote start connections. I am lost on those.
co_ne_dub 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2011 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
What color and gauge wires do you have left?
Are they on the heavy gauge harness?
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
I havent cut into the ignition harness, do I need to even though I purchased the CHTH2 cable? I thought that was the purpose of that cable.
I have hooked the heavy gauged pink wire up to another wire, that is the only one.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2011 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

Do you have the Viper connected to the CHALL via the D2D harness or with W2W connections?

Just follow the Type E or F installation instructions, depending on the connection mode above.

The CHALL & CHTH2 does not do all the necessary wiring.  You will still need to add the MUX relay and the Viper Starter Output to the truck ignition connector.  Wire colors as follows :

2006 Dodge RAM Igntion Connector

Start        Dark GREEN/ YELLOW
    Ignition   Pink/White
    MUX        Violet/Brown

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2011 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have it wired up with the D2D harness. Now this is where I am confused, I have to use the MUX and a relay and I get lost with the connections.
There is 5 pins and I have no clue what to connect on the relay.
I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab.
As for those last connections, I still need to do those.
Thanks for the help so far, I hope with a little more I can finish this project up.
Lastly, I just installed LED tails and they are messing with the alarm now. After I lock the truck, I get a door open error. I believe resistors or something in the lights are screwing with the system. How could I fix this.
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2011 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Do you have the Viper connected to the CHALL via the D2D harness or with W2W connections?

Just follow the Type E or F installation instructions, depending on the connection mode above.

The CHALL & CHTH2 does not do all the necessary wiring.  You will still need to add the MUX relay and the Viper Starter Output to the truck ignition connector.  Wire colors as follows :

2006 Dodge RAM Igntion Connector

Start        Dark GREEN/ YELLOW
    Ignition   Pink/White
    MUX        Violet/Brown

And what do you mean follow the type e or f installation instructions. I DO NOT have those, please upload.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2011 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

Here is the DEI CHALL Install Guide :  http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=6876&productid=448&firmwareid=1637

CHALL with CHTH2 Harness D2D to Viper 5901 to 2006 RAM 1500

Viper 5901                         30/40A SPDT Relay          RAM ignition connector                        CHALL

H3/4  Violet                              N/A                                 Start  Dark GREEN/ YELLOW        +          Conn2 Light Bule/Black
H3/7 Pink/White                      N/A                                 Ignition Pink/White                                     N/A
BLUE (-)200mA Status Output    Pin 85                     N/A                                                                N/A
N/A                                           Pin 87                              N/A                                                         Conn2 WHITE/ Black
N/A                                           Pin 86                             +12V Constant                                            N/A
N/A                                           Pin 87A                           MUX Cut Violet/Brown Connector side   N/A
N/A                                           Pin 30                             MUX  Cut Violet/Brown Vehicle side        N/A

H3/1 Pink                        Not Used

H3/2 RED / White            +12V constant
H3/3 Orange                  Not Used
H3/5 Green                    Not Used
H3/6 Red                       +12V Constant
H3/8 Pink/Black            Not Used
H3/9 RED / Black            +12V Constant

The relay pins ( terminals ) should be marked.  If not, use the CHALL diagram or the Figure 1 diagram at this link as a reference :  https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2011 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ill let you know how the install goes, waiting for the 100 temp to drop.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic