icon

06 ram 1500, viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sullivan91 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2011 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so guess what, I did all of the connections as you state.
However, I connected H3/2,H3/3,H3/9 and the relay +12b constant all in the same connection and wired it to the positive terminal on the battery.
My alarm is no longer giving a door open when I lock it.
But the remote start portion still doesn't start when I press the button. It says remote start error. Do I need to reprogram the chall now that I have these new connections wired?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  

Actually, it's H3/2, H3/6, H3/9 and H1/2 that go to +12V constant ( the battery is a good place on that vehicle ).

There are several common install oversights.  ( Assuming Auto Trans. )

1.)  Did you change Menu 3, Item 1 to Opt 2 if your truck has an automatic trans?
2.)  Did you change Menu 3, Item 2 to Opt 4 and do the Tach Learn Process?  ( D2D two way should
      supply a tach signal.)
3.)  Did you run the Neutral Safety wire to Chassis ground and place the Neutral Safety Switch in the
      ON position?
4.) Is the hood open?  ( Assuming you installed the Hood Pin safety. ) Don't laugh, we've all done it.  06 ram 1500, viper remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.

You will have to reprogram the CHALL to the vehicle again if you did not have the Viper H3/4 Violet and

the CHALL Conn2 Light Bule/Black wire connected to the vehicles Start  Dark GREEN/ YELLOW at the ignition
switch connector when you previously programmed it.   Be advised that the CHALL can only be programmed 5 times...

What error did the Viper display?  If you are still having problems, do the Remote Start Shutdown Diagnostics for the exact cause.   

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
I still need to wire the neutral saftey to the ground, I have an automatic.
As for these:
1.) Did you change Menu 3, Item 1 to Opt 2 if your truck has an automatic trans?
2.) Did you change Menu 3, Item 2 to Opt 4 and do the Tach Learn Process? ( D2D two way should
      supply a tach signal.)
3.) Did you run the Neutral Safety wire to Chassis ground and place the Neutral Safety Switch in the
      ON position?
What do you mean change Menu 3, Item 1 Opt 2 and so for the other one. Are these in the manual? lol sorry im just confused
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
I think Im getting shut down wire error codes...
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

While I don't see it in this post, if I remember correctly you have the Viper 5901.  Here is a link to the Viper 5901 Installation Guide :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=741  If you have the new style 5901 there could be some differences in the harness configuration but the wire names and colors remain the same.  The programming tables are the same also. 

The install guide has all the info but requires carefull reading.  The Menu Option Programming Tables start on page 41. 

Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

While I don't see it in this post, if I remember correctly you have the Viper 5901.  Here is a link to the Viper 5901 Installation Guide :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=741  If you have the new style 5901 there could be some differences in the harness configuration but the wire names and colors remain the same.  The programming tables are the same also. 

The install guide has all the info but requires carefull reading.  The Menu Option Programming Tables start on page 41. 

Alright cool deal, now that I have the manual I will give it another go.
As for reprogramming the chall, im confused. Do I just reconnect all the wires and hold down the button. I couldn't get it to begin programming mode again. Ive only programmed it once.
kreg357 
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
PM with info sent...
Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ok we are making progress. I triple checked all my wires and everything is wired up as it should I think, reprogrammed the chall.
Now when I hit the remote start, the inside electronics turn on (a/c, stereo, Odometer displays) but the motor doesn't start.
programming the brain from manual to auto seems slightly hard, although I think I got it.
let me know what you think, no error codes or remote start errors.
kreg357 
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Does the engine crank?  Does the MUX relay click ( energize ) when you try the remote start?
Soldering is fun!
sullivan91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2011 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
I pulled a PCM plug and now the remote start doesnt work at all.
The motor didn't crank before.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic