the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar cm6000, drone, evo-all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2012 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  
Yes and no.. haha. The Evo-All does not handle the starter wire, but you do not need to connect the starter wire from the remote start to the vehicle either. The factory BCM controls the starter signal automatically when it sees the accessory line drop power. And you do not need the anti-grind because the BCM has it built in as well. So all you need to do (as far as ignition components are concerned) is connect your 12v constant, ignition, and make all of the required connections on the Evo-all and it will automatically work the starter signal.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
masber2000 wrote:
I apologize for my lack of clarity. I did indeed connect the hood status from the Evo to the CM6000. However I've yet to install the hood pin on my truck (should do this weekend) and am wondering if I am correct in tying the hood pin into the above connection.
Thanks for your help!
if the vehicle has a factory hood pin, it will be sent through data to the evo-all into the compustar. you will need to verify this though. worst case just run yourself a hood pin.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
masber2000 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Yes and no.. haha. The Evo-All does not handle the starter wire, but you do not need to connect the starter wire from the remote start to the vehicle either. The factory BCM controls the starter signal automatically when it sees the accessory line drop power. And you do not need the anti-grind because the BCM has it built in as well. So all you need to do (as far as ignition components are concerned) is connect your 12v constant, ignition, and make all of the required connections on the Evo-all and it will automatically work the starter signal.
This is great news! One less wire to worry about lol. Thank you Kenny.
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
masber2000 wrote:
I apologize for my lack of clarity. I did indeed connect the hood status from the Evo to the CM6000. However I've yet to install the hood pin on my truck (should do this weekend) and am wondering if I am correct in tying the hood pin into the above connection.
Thanks for your help!
if the vehicle has a factory hood pin, it will be sent through data to the evo-all into the compustar. you will need to verify this though. worst case just run yourself a hood pin.
I tell you, the tech advances in these alarms since I last did noe of these is astounding. Thanks so much tedmond.
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2012 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
Quick question- The Drone module has a green wire that connects to the ignition. Should I connect this, as it states in the manual "connect if module does not support 2-way data"?
Also the black wire from the siren, should I just connect it to the ground wire?
Thank you
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
since you are installing a cm6000, the drone module will be connected by the d2d cable, no need to w2w this.
the black from siren will go straight to ground.
Ted
Compustar Expert
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, almost finished the initial install and am about to power up the system and program (will follow up with pix soon).  I'm using the OP500 programmer and want to make sure that I have the latest firmware.  As I'm not a dealer, I can't access the firmware on the Compustar site.  Does anyone know where I can get the latest firmware, or could you post a copy for me to download?

Thank you.

tedmond 
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
the brain ships with v6.0 software. currently, the current release is v6.7. if you are worried about issues you can use the v6 with the dr-1/2000 no problem. you only need the update if you're using the BLADE modules.
I don't think any dealer is going to post the brain update, as we're not allowed to do so. the only way you're going to obtain a copy is have a compustar shop update it for you.
Ted
Compustar Expert
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks tedmond.
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the install is coming together, got all of the wires hooked up (I think, lol) I am having an issue with the remote start. Tried starting it, didn't start. Realized that I hadn't hooked up the TB-GM2 yet (Stupid!). Tested remote start using key touching the cylinder, started perfectly! Followed directions for TB2 programming. This is where I've run into issues:
1. It states in the install manual to turn key in ignition to "on" for a sec, then hold the TB-GM2 up to the ignition. Remote start the vehicle and the TB-GM2 is programmed. I did this. Should the vehicle actually remote start with the TB-GM2 being held at the barrel? Because the car did not remote start, it just went through the motions as it did before.
2. How can I take the ignition barrel cap off my 2008 escalade (see pix 1 below) to install the TB-GM2 ignition ring?
compustar cm6000, drone, evo-all - Page 4 -- posted image. compustar cm6000, drone, evo-all - Page 4 -- posted image.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic