icon

compustar cm6000, drone, evo-all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
masber2000 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
BTW, when programming the TB-GM2, there were no wires hooked up to it (as detailed in the instructions).
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
you answered your own question.
when program you start the vehicle by remote start.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hi tedmond, thanks much for your help (again). I think I'm guilty of obfuscation once again. I followed steps 1-3 below successfully. However, upon attempting step 4, I tried to remote-start the vehicle, and it is not starting, only attempting to start (as it did previously). Is this normal, and it will start once I completely install the TBGM2? Or in step 4, should the programmed TBGM2 remote-start the vehicle without being physically connected to the EVO-ALL, as I did when I placed the edge of the key against the ignition?
Thanks again
compustar cm6000, drone, evo-all - Page 5 -- posted image.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
I don't believe it will start when you program the bypass. Try connecting it with the ring just sitting against the barrel and see if it works. If not, then it didn't program. If it does, then it did program.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
that pieces programs through inductive coding like any rfid.
when it attempts to start, it programs the chip inside. connect to evo all when all is said, remote start it will work.
the only way to determine if its programmed is to try and remote start it.
Ted
Compustar Expert
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj, tedmond, your help is much appreciated. Now to find out how to take the trim cap off of the ignition barrel so I can finish this thing lol.
tedmond 
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
if im not mistaken you will follow method 2.
1) loosen the steering shroud, check to see if the shroud can be take apart. if you can just connect/wrap your wire.
2) if you cannot take the shroud off, such as the cylinder is inbetween the plastic, use a pry tool and pop that black cap off. remove panel and finish wrap
Ted
Compustar Expert
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
=)
"dont ground out!"
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, thanks to all, got everything working. And with the assistance of the helpful team at Firsttech, I was able to activate my DroneMobile unit. Starting my vehicle from my cellphone was very cool!
One small issue popped up, and I'm hoping it's a slight wiring problem. After remote starting, and then stopping the remote run, I noticed that upon remote shutoff, everything shuts down as required EXCEPT for the dashboard accessory lights (radio, clock, steering wheel, window switches, etc--see photos below).
These lights stay on after the valet lights in the vehicle have shut down. These lights only shut off when I open the car door.
I'm assuming that I made a wrong wire (accessory?) connection. What could be the possible cause-and remedy- to this?
Thanks in advance for the help.
door switches, light switch, window switch are illuminated
steering wheel levers (radio, cruise, etc) are illuminated
Radio clock, clock, etc still active
tedmond 
Posted: February 07, 2012 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
that is known as the RAP. Retained Accessory Power.
what you need to do is connect the factory alarm ARM wire to the driver door trigger.
upon shutdown, a pulse is sent to the driver door pin, which will mimic as if the door opened.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic