the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar cm6000, drone, evo-all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
Activate then shut down the remote start so that the accessories stay on and watch them. I have yet to see a single car that didn't time out after a preset time (some are only 5min, some up to 15min). If you verify that they do in fact shut down, and you don't mind them staying on a few minutes after, then don't worry about it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
masber2000 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
offroadzj- Yes I did time it, it shuts off after @ 15 minutes. I hope there is a way to change the timing to 5 min then this would not matter, I'm concerned about the battery drain. I'm preparing to do tedmond's work-around if there isn't a way to set the time.
Thanks tedmond and offroadzj for your help.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
i dont think you can change the rap shutdown time. if you have to run a rearm wire, use the compustar arm, run a wire into the driver door. connect with 2 diodes and join to the 2 driver door triggers.
diode band towards the compustar
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
I could be wrong on this, but I believe the RAP only retains the accessories (ie radio, some illumination) so the battery draw should be very minimal... to the point that if it were draining the battery and causing issues, then your battery is on its way out. I personally doubt its worth the hassle of running wires into the door... unless it bothers you that much.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

if im not mistaken,proximitly lighting (headlights) stay on as well. you can simply avoid this issue by not shutting down the remote start, if you have no intentions of going into the car.

Ted
Compustar Expert
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
How about running the Orange Factory Arm wire (CN 3, Pin 13) to the All door trigger (-) Gray/Blk, which is supposedly located "at the courtesy light under the dash"    https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~98454 (init's post). Will this work? 
offroadzj 
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
That should work.... I don't see why it wouldn't. Just verify that it is (-) when the door is open.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
Orange Factory Arm wire (CN 3, Pin 13) is the correct wire, but wiremagic says not to use all door triggers. its controlled via data then turns on the courtesy light.
remember, you can only turn off RAP when the driver door is open. you will have to go to the trigger itself. (thats what wiremagic/firstech shows)
Ted
Compustar Expert
masber2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
i dont think you can change the rap shutdown time. if you have to run a rearm wire, use the compustar arm, run a wire into the driver door. connect with 2 diodes and join to the 2 driver door triggers.
diode band towards the compustar
Where would I find the 2 driver door triggers? Why use two wires instead of one?
Thank you tedmond.
tedmond 
Posted: February 08, 2012 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
one is the door ajar to the vehicle message center, the other is the actual door pin signal.the 2 wires are in the driver door, at the window/locks switch. Running an 18-22 gauge wire into the door is easy.
gray/black (-) and Tan (-)
you can try the all door trigger wire and see if that works for you. It might or might not.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic