icon

2002 chevy avalanche 2 din mods

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
I think it is a waste of 204 dollars. But that's just my opinion.
lynnboy021 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
lol why??
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Because it does not even have a brand name. We will not take your money to install this piece. Most of the time they do not even make it out of the parking lot in working condition.
lynnboy021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
true but i just dont have 6 or 700 for a name brand
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
lynnboy021 wrote:
true but i just dont have 6 or 700 for a name brand
but you have $200 that you can just throw away for nothing? trust me, i didnt even have to look at the link but just hearing that it was a no name brand will make me agree with I am an Idiot. anyone who installs professionally will tell you the same exact thing. they dont last, they dont have warranty, they rarely work as advertised and if they do then its only for a little while.
you also dont need $600+ for a decent quality tv, $350 will get you a good tv
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
wow, i didnt realize you were talking about a nav unit, i thought you were talking about a basic tv. i got so curious i just had to pull up your link, $200 for a navigation unit with a motorized touchscreen, that just has bad idea written all over it. but now i know what you mean about spending 600-700 on a brand name tv.
"the most powerful GPS navi dvd player EVER" actually made me laugh. they do try to sell it like its top of the line and they did a good job making everything with big pictures and pretty colors, but the overall point is that certain things are supposed to cost money and that $200 will have you driving off of a cliff. those maps look horrible and those are the screen shots they used and they actual maps never look as good as the screen shots. so just imagine how they must look in real life.
it has no custom Equalizer and only 4 preset EQ options. not even bass mid and treble i would assume from the specs.
i will say that they do have some alright features like the icon configuration, assuming they work like they say it should.
and please dont think im just making fun of you, im really not, but im just trying to make a clear point about the horrors ive personally seen people go through when buying no-name electronics. a car is one of the worst possible places for any electronics because of the heat/cold, constant vibrations and dust, so when you dont buy quality stuff for your car its only a matter of time before things start to break.
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
If you do not have the money for a 6 or 700 dollar unit now, it will be even longer before you have it if you throw this 204 away.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2012 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
I may have a few Oceanside Plots left in Arizona, if you're interested. I would even let 1 go for , oh, $200. Seriously, that is a huge gamble that will , most likely, never pay off. I would buy a used name brand or just keep saving. Used has its own wories, but better than the latter.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
lynnboy021 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
2 more pitches and the inning is over.
Do you happen to have an IPhone 4?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic