the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start, 2010 toyota matrix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2013 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
The ADS AL CA w/TL1 install guide does not show all necessary connections from the R/S, only for the bypass.
The TL1 install diagram does have this note coming off the top of the generic R/S :
"STANDARD (IGN, ACC, START) REMOTE STARTER
CONNECTIONS TO VEHICLE ARE REQUIRED"
As Chris explained earlier, you must test the Matrix's main ignition connector and make all of the necessary connections.
At a minimum there will be 2 Ignition wires, one Starter wire and one Accessory wire. This list includes the wire that you
already mentioned that has the ADS AL CA Pink wire attached.
Soldering is fun!
mike31 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
HI EVERYONE
Just for your info I have checked with 3 other remote starter websites plus 12volts.com and Matrix 2010 2.4L engine comes with second starter wire at ignition switch:
TOYOTA
MODEL      YEAR(S)
MATRIX      2009 -2010
KEY      T-HARNESS      IMMOBILIZER
N/A      N/A      TOYOTA'S TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, Requires Bypass Module, See NOTE #1
PART       COLOR      LOCATION
12 VOLT CONSTANT      WHITE (+) 120 AMP      @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 1-Pin Plug(G) Pin 1
STARTER   BLACK (+)   @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 8
STARTER 2 WHITE (+) (2.4L Engine Only!) @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 1
IGNITION 1 BROWN (+)@ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 6
IGNITION 2 GREEN (+)@ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 4
Thanks Mike.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
I don't remember seeing any info on which engine your Matrix had but that is why I said "at a minimum"
in my last post.
Once you get the steering column open, you can use your DMM to test and verify that wire guide
information. As I mentioned in another previous post, the CT-3310 can handle 4 of the ( possibly ) 5
ignition wires. If you do indeed have the Starter2 wire, you must power it with a separate external
relay to keep it isolated.    The CT-3310 install guide has the relay wiring diagram on Page 20.
Soldering is fun!
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply, as you did guide me I have already wired up an external relay for the second ignition wire and fifth relay for the second starter wire. I will identify both starter and ignition wires
( 1& 2) using digital meter prior to connection.
Thanks again. Mike
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
HI
I put the R/S plus ASD-AL CA interface together after programming R/S transmitter and interface. I have a main problem and that is when car started by remote engine keep cranking and during this time the engine trouble comes on naturally I shut off the engine by remote.I have double checked my wiring and looks OK .Just as info I have checked both ignition wires (1 & 2) with DMM and ignition wire #2 signal is done by and automotive 24v dc with a diode and connected as:
85 ignition #1
86 GWR
87 12v constant
30 to ignition wire #2
I have programmed the interface using Idatalink manual for WTW , remote start keyless entry works great.I have also checked both tach wires from ASD-AL CA to remote and it is OK. I do not really know what is wrong here.
Thanks for advice . Mike
kreg357 
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Probably some dumb questions but... ( there are a bunch of possibilities )
Are you sure the ADS AL CA has the DL TL1 firmware?
Verify your ignition key is a 40 bit key ( without the "G" stamp).
Did you set the ADS AL CA to Standard Mode ( two blinks ) prior to actual vehicle programming?
Did the ADS AL CA follow the vehicle programming responses exactly?
During a remote start does the ADS AL CA LED flash Green?
Are you sharing the GWR signal between the extra relay and the bypass module?
Any Security type lights on the instrument panel?
What happens if you insert a key into the ignition cylinder and try a remote start? ( might have to unplug
the power harness to the ADS AL CA )
Have you tried doing a CT-3310 TACH re-learn?
Soldering is fun!
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
HI Kreg
I am not sure how to know about the firmware but I asked the seller if this unit is loaded with latest firmware for toyota matrix 2010 and he said" yes ".
Car key has only one dot stamped on it not G (the Idatalink seller also checked my car key just to be sure prior to purchase the unit.
I had few programming attempt till I had it right however I will try to do factory reset again before re-programming.
Yes set to standard mode (two flash)
I have not checked green led during remote start.
yes GWR is shared.
The only light is engine trouble and it turns off when remote is shut down.
I have not tried with key insertion yet.
No I have not done the Tach re-learn.Waiting for your response
Thank you Mike
kreg357 
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
If the iDatalink seller checked the key for a "G" or "." then you should be good and have the TL1 F/W.
Sounds like you did all the bypass programming correctly. A Factory Reset and re-program can't hurt. Also
a reset and Tach learn on the R/S unit can't hurt either.
The ADS install guide has a LED indication guide at the end to assist. The ADS AL CA should show the
flashing Green LED during a R/S if it is getting a good GWR input. If you don't get that indication, try separating
the ADS GWR wire from the relay and jumping it directly to chassis ground when you initiate a R/S.
The other test would be unplugging the ADS AL CA power harness and placing an ignition key in the
cylinder ( not turned ) and then try a R/S.
You can also put the DMM on the IGN1 and IGN2 output wires and verify +12V during a R/S.
Did your pre-install testing verify all ignition wires? IGN1, IGN2, Starter1, Starter2, Accessory1
Was there a Starter2 wire?
Did you separately power all ignition wires?
Soldering is fun!
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
HI Kreg Latest update
I just inserted the key into the ignition switch and remote starter works fine but I did not unplug the power from the ASD-ALCA.
I removed the key and checked green LED on the ASD-ALCA while remote starting ,as before keep cranking and LED being OFF.
I followed the procedure (auto tach programming)Page 12 of Installation Guide CT-3310 table 4 but remote start did not respond at all.
As adviced I will provide direct ground to 86 of the coil.I will be back . Mike
kreg357 
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Actually leave the relay alone, you need it for the ignition circuit. Just disconnect the ADS GWR wire from that circuit ( pin 86 ) and jump the ADS GWR wire to chassis ground at the beginning of a R/S.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic