remote start, 2010 toyota matrix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike31 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
HI
Thank you very much for the help I will continue with it tomorrow morning . Mike
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
HI
As mentioned I removed the GWR wire from the circuit (ADS unit blue/white) and was connected direct to chasis ground and I am having the same problem. I will continue to work with car tomorrow morning. Mike
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
HI
In regards to ignition and starter wires , yes I did use DMM and verified, there are two starter and two ignition wires and all 4 wires are connected separately.Mike
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
HI AGAIN
I called the Idatalink support and problem I have is due to the fact that my R/S does not give ground output while starting by remote.I did verify this by touching the GWR wire to car chassis ground while starting by remote and everything worked fine. I am thinking to use one relay to give ground output to R/S and ASD-AL CA unit as GWR input. Starter wire(Ignition switch) as +ve to the coil of the relay.Any advice
Thanks Mike
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
On the CT-3310, the White wire at Pin 10 of the 12 Pin plug is (-) Ground out When Running. Unless there
is something wrong with the unit itself, you should be able to use this wire. The problem could be using
it for both the Ignition 2 relay and the ADS bypass module GWR input at the same time ( sharing ).
If the CT-3310 is OK, here is one way to ensure proper signals to both the IGN2 relay and the ADS bypass.
Obtain another 30/40 Amp relay.   Wire as follows :
All of the current Ignition2 relay wiring is working, so leave it alone. This is from your earlier post.
Pin 85 to ignition #1 output from CT-3310 ( which also goes to vehicle IGN1 wire )
Pin 86 to CT-3310 GWR White wire Pin 10 on 12 Pin plug
Pin 87 12v to +12V constant thru fuse
Pin 30 to Matrix Ignition wire #2
Extra relay :
Pin 85 to CT-3310 GWR White wire Pin 10 on 12 Pin plug
Pin 86 to +12V constant ( thru 2 Amp fuse if you want )
Pin 87 to Chassis Ground
Pin 30 to ADS AL CA Blue/White GWR wire
The CT-3310 White GWR wire is rated at 500mA, so running two relays with it is no problem.
The second relay will ensure a solid ground GWR signal to the ADS bypass module.
Soldering is fun!
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
HI
Sorry if I did not reply to your post earlier on as I was at work till late. Without any doubt the R/S unit is OK otherwise engine would not
start by R/S when the blue/white wire of the ASD-AL CA was briefly touched to chassis ground and as mentioned before ignition wire #2 signal comes from the relay that -ve side of the coil is connected to GWR of the R/S. Tomorrow if time allows, I will wire up the extra relay according to your instruction and final results will be posted.
Thanks for the info. Mike
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
HI
Second relay connected and found that all lights comes on without even ignition key inserted into the ignition cylinder, I was really surprised >Checked wiring OK, disconnected GWR from second relay then lights went off.I connected back the GWR wire to second relay and removed both R/S and ASD-AL CA from the car wiring and still lights on
I also checked with DMM set to OHMS form chassis ground to GWR wire (white) with reading of about 0.399 Kohms indicating no short between GWR wire and chassis ground. Any advice MIke
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
OK, your CT-3310 is not going to make this easy ( as mentioned on Page 1 ). The way the IGN2 relay is
wired, the Pin 85 input must be at chassis ground when OFF, not a float.
To set this up correctly so that you can get a clean GWR output from the CT-3310 for the ADS AL CA,
you must keep things completely separate. So...
Connect the CT-3310 GWR wire to the ADS AL CA GWR wire directly. This will be its' only connection. It will
not be used by or connected to the relays at all.
The two relay will be re-wired and renamed as below :
Relay 1 for IGN1
Relay Pin 85 to Chassis ground
Relay Pin 86 to CT-3310 Ignition1 output
Relay Pin 87 to +12V constant thru 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Matrix Ignition1 wire
Relay 2 for IGN2
Relay Pin 85 to Chassis ground
Relay Pin 86 to CT-3310 Ignition1 output
Relay Pin 87 to +12V constant thru 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Matrix Ignition2 wire
Soldering is fun!
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
HI Kreg
Thanking you for the reply. Ignition #1 already connected to CT-3310 R/S ignition output Yellow heavy gauge wire I wonder if can I tap from this yellow wire to a relay :
85   12 v yellow wire ignition output from the R/S
86   chassis ground.
87   12v constant.
30   ignition #2.
and as you suggested direct connection from R/S GWR wire to ASD AL CA .
Mike
kreg357 
Posted: September 18, 2013 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
You can try that way but...
Wired that way, the relay will also energize and supply an output whenever the car is running. The relay will get the +12V on Pin 85 coming from the Matrix's Ignition1 wire, instead of the CT-3310's Ignition1 output wire, because they are tied together and electrically common.
Wired as I listed will totally isolate the CT-3310's Ignition output from the vehicle and keep the vehicles two Ignition wires isolated. The two relays will only energize and supply an output during a remote start, controlled by the CT-3310.
Figured that being as you had the extra relay, might as well put it to good use.     remote start, 2010 toyota matrix - Page 5 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic