icon

alpine type x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Usmc860222 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
would those alpine type X blow out the power hx2's by rockford.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Its possible. I think Alpine is over hyping their products that have features that arn't that different from other brands ideas. Not that I don't like Alpine (I own Alpine stuff).

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
I would say that they are probally gonna be in the same league. Im guessing its gonna come down to one of those personal preferance things. Kinda like the JL w7 and the MTX 9500. One isnt better than the other, just different. But I could be wrong and these Alpines could be the best sub to hit the market in the long time, or they could be just another B*stard child on the block.
Usmc860222 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

is the W7 better than the Power HX2's

97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
one isn;t really better than the other, power hx2's are for SPL, and the W7 is more for SQ, but for the price, i would buy a power HX2
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
A good alternative to the w7 is the brahma from Adire, small company based outta CA but they know what the hell their doing. Freind of mine has a brahma and a set of Koda components and it's putting my JL stuff to shame, kinda pissed about it really. You can check their stuff out at www.adireaudio.com. After hearing the brahma in a sealed box and the w7 in a sealed box with the same amp and HU pushing 'em I gotta say the brahma won hands down and it goes for less than half the price of a w7, giving serious thought to getting rid of my stuff and going with the adire gear. Anyway I just wanted to through that out there, peace.
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

ksin291 wrote:
A good alternative to the w7 is the brahma from Adire, small company based outta CA but they know what the hell their doing. Freind of mine has a brahma and a set of Koda components and it's putting my JL stuff to shame, kinda pissed about it really. You can check their stuff out at www.adireaudio.com. After hearing the brahma in a sealed box and the w7 in a sealed box with the same amp and HU pushing 'em I gotta say the brahma won hands down and it goes for less than half the price of a w7, giving serious thought to getting rid of my stuff and going with the adire gear. Anyway I just wanted to through that out there, peace.

You're right - the Brahma IS a good ALTERNATIVE, but not quite as good. I read a big long article on another forum about the comparisons between the JLW7 and the Brahma. The founder of Adire was actually doing the testing and posting the results. JL beat it, but not by much. So take it with a grain of salt alpine type x -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
when are these alpine type x's coming out, i really didnt care for the type r's there former top of the line sub, my friend had a pair of 12" type rs and they were definetly over rated in sound.  what kinda power handling are the type x's going to have? im skeptical to put them in the same leage as a w7 before ive heard them or seen them in a store...
Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah but you can get a 12" brahma for like half of what you can get a w7 for on ebay, I'm not even talking about a JL authorized dealer I'm saying ebay. You can get the brahma shipped for like $350 total, that's pretty impressive.
ksin291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not trying to bash JL here, I have all JL gear and I love em. I'm just saying that adire's gear is a good alternative to JL's w7 and as far as the compenents go adire's have a better off axis response IMO.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic