the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

alpine type x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

94bonny wrote:
when are these alpine type x's coming out, i really didnt care for the type r's there former top of the line sub, my friend had a pair of 12" type rs and they were definetly over rated in sound.  what kinda power handling are the type x's going to have? im skeptical to put them in the same leage as a w7 before ive heard them or seen them in a store...

The new alpine type-x will be out april 1st.  Thay handle 1000 w rms, 3000 w peak.

I don't think there gona be by any means a spl sub,  from the looks of them they are going to be just pure sq.

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
is april first going to be like a giant april fools joke on all of us alpine users?
Quad L Handyman services
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2004 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

Something else that came out of that forum that I mentioned previously, and probably I've seen it elsewhere as well.

JL Audio makes their own precision machined parts on all their subwoofers. They don't buy in bulk or from an outside source, so their quality (and hence price tag) is going to be much greater than brands (including Adire) that don't do their own work (don't know about Eclipse, they were never brought up). Adire is still relatively new, so they may in the future use parts out of their own shop, but as I understood it, right now they don't on a lot of it, so they can sell their subs for less.

Just another reason to consider using JL Audio subs...

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2004 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Look I like JL stuff too, I have all JL gear in my car but the proof as they say is in the pudding. Listen to both play in pretty much the same environment and make your decision, to me the adire stuff was just hitting cleaner and harder on the same amp and hu in the same car. Does JL audio make excellent gear? yes, are they worth the premium you pay for them? maybe, it's all on the person who's looking to buy. Some people don't mind paying a premium for brand names and some people just want the most bang for their buck. The point is Adire makes great equipment for reasonable prices and is a good alternative to JL, at least that's my opinion.
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
hey... the type-x subs are not out yet!!!..... i need them.... and BTW... they are planned to be the W7 killer
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
A lot people have claimed that the next best sub coming out is going to be "the w7 killer" so far nobody has been able to pull it off, and please don't even bring out the MTX sub. The JL Audio W7 is an excellent SQL sub, basically it get's hell a loud and still sound excellent doing it. That is not an easy feat, that being said that are other alternatives out there that are cheaper and will give the w7 a run for it's money.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

ksin291 wrote:
A lot people have claimed that the next best sub coming out is going to be "the w7 killer" so far nobody has been able to pull it off, and please don't even bring out the MTX sub. The JL Audio W7 is an excellent SQL sub, basically it get's hell a loud and still sound excellent doing it. That is not an easy feat, that being said that are other alternatives out there that are cheaper and will give the w7 a run for it's money.

Exactly right.

irhino2 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  

ksin291 wrote:

OK First of all there is a company that has Killed the w7.  It is Orion!!  Their  H2 12" handles an impressive 2000 watts rms, 2500 peak.  That is only one 12.  They are a perfect mix of spl and sq with the right amp.  They are awesome!!!   I would put them up against a JL w7 anyday.

Rhino - Bringing you only the best in car audio!!
irhino2 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a link so you all can check them out.

http://www.orioncaraudio.com/subwoofers/sub_H2_series.asp#

Rhino - Bringing you only the best in car audio!!
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine bumped all there release dates back to may 15th for there higher end products alpine type x - Page 2 -- posted image., now i have to wait another month for my amps, subs, and deck, errrrr    they did this last year too!!
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic