icon

alpine type x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
The H2 still dosnt hold up to the JL's quality.
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
Look I have personally have heard an H2, not bad but definately not a W7 killer and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired. We're not talking SPL subs here we are talking SQL and honestly while the H2 sounds pretty good it can't hold a candle to the sq you will get with a properly installed and powered W7, period!
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse anyone?
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Rockford Fosgate..
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

has anyone noticed that pioneer and kenwood both have superwoofers as people like to call them.  Any thoughts on those.  BTW would 3 8w0's or 2 10w0's sound better in a reg cab ford ranger with fiberglass box.

pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
I had rockford fosgate. And now i have Eclipse and i like them a lot more.
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Ya, Ill take an orion sub or a Mtx sub over JL any day of the week. I Have never been a JL fan and have had to much bad first hand experience to trust them. The Orion H2 are a JL killer in SPL but I would tend to agree that they dont sound as good as the W7 does. Honestly, I havent seen a sub that is a legit 2000 watt sub that is built for sound quality. Lets be realistic here. I will go on record as saying that I think the MTX 9500 sounds better than the W7 does. Once again I said I THINK, not it does. Personal Opinion, not up for debate. I understand that some people like one sub and others will like something else. I think it the eclipse subs also sound better than the JL subs do. I have always felt they were overratted but not nessasarily crap. I just feel that there is better quality equipment for the same money out there. Now you can begin telling me Im wrong and that JL is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I dont know my ass from a whole in the ground. Ready, Set, GO!!!
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
BTW I would Put orions build quality up against JL any day of the week. I sold it for two years and never had a blown amp and I can only think of 1 set of subs, and they were cobalt ones, not exactly top of the line
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
irhino2 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
OK  Let me tell you something about Orion!!  I used to be a member of Team Extreme, and I am now a retailer for them.  I will put an H2 against anything else on the market!!  Sure the sq isn't as clear as some others, but they are built for SPL.  Pure and simple.  I have two 12's in my car, and I can tell you that when they are in the right enclosure nothing can touch them.  I am hitting over 160db with only two 12's, and I have my gains turned down.  The sq isn't to bad either.  I designed the enclosure for sq as well as SPL.  It is a sealed enclosure so that helps.  I have yet to find anyone that can even come close to it.  I have went up against MANY JL systems, and I have blown them out of the water everytime.  It helps that I am running the biggest amps Orion offers.  alpine type x - Page 3 -- posted image.  The bad boys, 2 2500D's.  In my opinion, they are the best on the market.  Nothing out there can even compare to them.  Orion definately makes the most powerful amps!!!  They have to build good quality subs to keep up with them.
Rhino - Bringing you only the best in car audio!!
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
I love it
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic