alpine type x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2004 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

irhino2 wrote:
OK  Let me tell you something about Orion!!  I used to be a member of Team Extreme, and I am now a retailer for them.  I will put an H2 against anything else on the market!!  Sure the sq isn't as clear as some others, but they are built for SPL.  Pure and simple.  I have two 12's in my car, and I can tell you that when they are in the right enclosure nothing can touch them.  I am hitting over 160db with only two 12's, and I have my gains turned down.  The sq isn't to bad either.  I designed the enclosure for sq as well as SPL.  It is a sealed enclosure so that helps.  I have yet to find anyone that can even come close to it.  I have went up against MANY JL systems, and I have blown them out of the water everytime.  It helps that I am running the biggest amps Orion offers.  alpine type x - Page 4 -- posted image.  The bad boys, 2 2500D's.  In my opinion, they are the best on the market.  Nothing out there can even compare to them.  Orion definately makes the most powerful amps!!!  They have to build good quality subs to keep up with them.

Again we are talking SQL here not SPL the W7 is not meant to be an SPL sub period, once people get that into their heads we will be better off. I think Eclipse subs sound really good too, I just don't like their sound better than JL's. That's my opinion so it's really not debateable either, JL build quality is excellent and I have many friends who have been using them for years and have never had a problem with them. I personally have had the same JL amp for a couple of years and thrown different configurations at it and it has never flinched. And raven i'm sure that "you love it" you love anything and anyone that bashes JL.

defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

i still vote for the type-x's.... they're gonna kick.    BTW, am i the only one with a car half built waiting for these subs?

Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Orion is a good company, I just think their "looks" suck ass compared to what they used to look like. That's why I don't use their stuff.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
irhino2 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have to agree there.  Their look has gone down quite a bit.  They used to look awesome, but know I think they are spending more time and money on developing other things.  Maybe designing these kick ass amps they have.  LOL  Their amps have always been hard core.  Their HCCA line was just sweet.  They were way underrated for competition.  I had a 1500HCCA that was putting out way more than they had it rated at.
Rhino - Bringing you only the best in car audio!!
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
I agree that Orion makes great amps, well at least their old school stuff. I haven't heard their new amps all that much but I did have one the HCCA line of amps and it kicked major ass.
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
defective wrote:

i still vote for the type-x's.... they're gonna kick.    BTW, am i the only one with a car half built waiting for these subs?

\

the system i plan to put in my truck this summer will consist of 4 X-12 if they live up to what alpine has hyped them to be.

Quad L Handyman services
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
i have a buddy getting the 4 12 inch type x when they come out, can't wait to here what they saound like,
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2004 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  

i have a complete custom trunk ready for this baby... but cant finish till i get an inside and outside diamerter for the ring

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic