icon

more pics!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
As well, you can use saw dust if you have some of that... it is a nice cheap way of getting kitty hair... or walmat sales Bondo Jelly, which would work as well, correct guys?
Duke Duke
HottAccord 
Silver - Posts: 247
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, looks REALLY good.  One question though, why didn't you trim off the excess fleece that hangs over the side of the box?  more pics! - Page 2 -- posted image.
Im a fiberglass whore!!
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
Whats up hottAccord I havent seen you here in a while! I dont think they did but they are wrapping the thing in suede anyway.  
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
doc t 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  
it hangs over the edge about 4in all around. wasn't sure if it was too much or not so i'll have to make it work.
All Bleeding stops.....eventually!
4doormadness 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
very nice looking work so far..keep it up and updated w/ pics.
doc t 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  

There are minor repairs (need to level out the speaker rings so the subs sit flush)  i may take pics of that. When we start to cover it with the fabric and get the speakers mounted....basicly the final steps will be posted.

With the superbowl in town this weekend my son wants to go downtown and rub elbows with the eliete of society, haha!, we probably wont get much done on the box.

GO EAGLES!!

realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah you guys should be able to get out and about no problems! No traffic or anything right, hehe.  Cool man I'm really looking forward to seeing it covered in suede and how it turns out!
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
raysilvo 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
One reason why you may have a gap in the speaker seat is the fiberglass not laying down completely flat or was not rolled out with a roller.Also from my experience you could of also just did your buildup on the inside of the box and bondo and high build the outer shell.
ray silvo
doc t 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

the city closed off some streets downtown for the NFL Experience festivities....this is one headache i really don't need....i'm a diehard Raiders fan at heart, if they had made it too the big show i would have waided through a mile of s^*$ to see them in the game.

there are rumors of some pretty funky parties going on in the next couple of days...the type of parties that would make a grown man cry and get Navy Pilots in serious trouble.

every time we tried to get the fleece to stick to the ring in the groove it stuck to my fingers and pulled up...i think what i'll try is to cut out rings from hard board the same size as the box rings, glue them in place with liquid nails then cover and fill the gaps with a glass resin mix, then bondo a clean finish. then hopefully the speakers will sit flush with no air leaks.

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Looking good...more pics! - Page 2 -- posted image.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic