icon

2004 Mitsubishi Galant, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
unknown_g 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
I'm buying a keyless bypass for my 2004 Mitsubishi Galant; the keyless bypass for my car is the PKU-MIT3. The last step in the installation is a little confusing. I was wondering if someone can clarify what needs to be done for me.
-----------------
2 valid keys are needed.
1. Insert 1st key and turn to the IGN "ON" position for 5 sec. Remove the 1st key.
2. Insert 2nd key: turn to the IGN "ON" position for 10 seconds. Remove the 2nd key.
3. For the next 2 steps position and hold the PKU module (Screw side) towards the front of the ignition barrel (key cylinder)
4. Using a jumper wire, power up vehicle ignition, without starting vehicle. After approx. 7 secs, the THEFT light comes ON solid. THEFT light will then flash and return back to solid to indicate the PKU module is now programmed sucessfully.
---------------------------
The last step where is says jumper a wire to power the vehicle ignition, do they mean splice a wire to the +12 volt and splice the other end to the ignition wire? Wouldn't that start the car?
Has anybody that has used the keyless bypass had to do this method of programming the module?
Fyrhwk1 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

it's the same as the PKU-CH bypass module they sell, personally I'd wonder if they both work the same, but thats not the question here...

What you need to do is just that, power up the vehicles ignition, so jump power from 12+ constant to your ignition wire, I personally use a high current switch to make my life easier, but all you need to do is use a wire to send power to the ignition circuit of the car. This won't start the car, you would need to power the starter wire of the car as well. This is akin to turning the key to the run position except being the accessory circuit isn't powered up.

Just a warning on this, they rarely work the first time, at least in my experience, so be prepared to do it more then once. I wouldn't reccomend that you use the UTI from them in case this won't program for you, it's got it's own problems.

unknown_g 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a remote starter on my 2004 LS and I can't find the tachometer wire. I have two wire diagrams.
One says it a white wire (AC) located at the Engine speed dectection connector (a single pin connector in the fuse/relay box under the hood).
- I can't find the single pin connector. Would the white wire be below the fuse box?"
The other one says the tachometer is NOT BLACK/ white or black (ac) located at "any ignition coil"?
- Can't find the coil. I really don't even see the coil.
Anybody can help me? Any pics would be greatly appreciated.
What does the AC mean anyway?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 30, 2005 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  

Try:

Tach SignalRED / WHITEAT IGNITION COIL

OR

U could use a Fuel Injection wire............usually the odd color

Example:  Fuel injector has 2 wires.  Most have 1 common color (same color wire at all Injectors) and the second wire is the odd color (different color wire at all Injectors)

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
unknown_g 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks MO for the help. But I could only 3 of the injectors; the other 3 are located under the header. I was able to find the tach signal though. The new Galants come with multi-coils and they are located on top of each spark plugs. There are 3 wires for every coil, a BLACK, BLACK/ WHITE, and a colored one. Use the colored one for a tach signal. Some of the ones I have seen are BLUE/BLACK, PINK/BLACK, and ORANGE / BLUE.
DON'T use the wires on the fuel injectors; they didn't work.
unknown_g 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
I installed all the wires for my 2004 Galant (V6) and I can remote start it but the starter will not stop running. I think I have to redo the wiring but will do that another day, but I wanted to get any ideas that anybody may have from experience with the wierd problem.
There is only one starter wire and I cut it to set up the starter kill feature that my AstroStart 3106. One wire went to the starter side and the other went to the starter ignition side.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  

Check your tach........ this is the wire that shuts off the starter for no grind.....

Tach wire.......pink/black.....one cyl.  found at the ECM...bottom conector       K............ I rarely use the starter dis-able

good luck

where did U get the Unit? R U A dealer?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
TACH......ECM bottom conector, under the hood drivers side. PINK/BLACK
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
You def have a bad tach signal.
unknown_g 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys will look into it.
KarTunMan, I got the unit at a dealer/installer store about an hour away from me. I'm not a dealer though. Thanks for the help. I will look for this wire tomorrow morning. How do I test to see if I have the right wire. I have a digital multimeter.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic