alert 450R / autoalarmpro 4500RM

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quisman 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2005 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

hey all,

I'm pretty much stumped here...perhaps you all could help me out.

I'm installing a alert 450R (autoalarmpro 4500RM) r/s setup into my: 2003 Hyundai Accent GL (not keyless) manual tranny.  I have everything wired up to the best of my knowledge but it seems as though the system will not accept any input....like there's still an interuption. 

I spoke w/ a rep from alert and he said I need to have a diode setup in my brake system.  I thought the braking system was one of the easiest parts of the r/s installation ?  He said it is in my instruction manual.....my catch is autoalarmpro gave me modified directions so I only have their text to go buy.  Does anyone have a diagram for the Alert 450R.  Their website only has the basic PDF of getting it up and running.

For those of you who know the system here is what is happening:   To activate for manual tranny:  I run the car 4 times for 3+ seconds per cycle, then leave the car running and put it into neutral and pull the ebrake.  Now I have to press the * on the transmitter and I should see my LED blink 3x.  I can then pull the key and the car should remain running.  I never get the LED to blink so I'm assuming there is something interupting the transmission from teh keypad.

My second part is tach sense:  I have to cycle the ignition 3x then press the program button 10x and hold until I hear 5 short and one long chirp from the horn.  Then I should be able to hold the unlock and lock button together on the transmitter and move on.. But my LED blinks constantly after the horn chirps and I can only stop it if I remove the r/s from potential.  I noticed the manual says constant blink is passive disarm.

any ideas ?   Thanks all !

rdlybeck 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

I think I can help you.  This link has pics and instruction manual.  Because you have manual transmission, you need to connect the BROWN / red wire from system to both your 12volt brake pedel wire and handbrake wire.  You need to diode isolate each wire.  Also if your handbrake wire shows 0 volts when at rest you need a relay.  If it shows 12 volts at rest you do not need a relay. 

http://alertautomotive.com/manuals/450AlertInstallManualWeb.pdf

email me if this link doesn't work.  ryanlybeck@aol.com

Ryan Lybeck
"Wiring diagrams are nice but still double check with DMM"!
rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

As for the programming goes, you have to first make sure you have all wiring correct.  autoalarmpro pre wires for your car and wants you using t-taps.  As I'm sure you know this is not recommended.  You need to follow the installation instructions I gave you and double check each wire and connection they have made and then check the wires in your car.  After every wire is connected that needs to be you should be able to program your system.  Included in the link I sent you is the programing directions at the end.

Hope this helps, I love the Alert systems.

Ryan Lybeck
quisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

Thanks so much for the info.  My isp has been down for 3 days, so i finally got to check the posts at work.  I have all my wiring hooked up but have no relay or diode in the brake setup.  So that probably explains why I cannot program.  I'll post the hopefully good news tonight.

thanks again.

quisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
okay, definitely need diodes per the manual.  Thanks guys.  I should be running tonight. My question is, why didn't they include this information in the instructions alert 450R / autoalarmpro 4500RM -- posted image. .   o well, everyone makes mistakes.
rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Autoalarmpro made a mistake.  Since they change the wiring on the system they don't send you the original wiring instructions.  Learn from this and don't buy from them again, mainly because they don't have the vehicle there its easy to make mistakes since every car is a little different.  But I hope the manuals I included in previous post help you get it working right.
Ryan Lybeck
quisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  

I took a quick look at it last night before dark...and there are some DEFINITE differences.

I can see i'm going to pretty much have to re-wire this myself alert 450R / autoalarmpro 4500RM -- posted image.    i'll post back after i'm less cranky !

quisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, here's my update.

I'm pretty much heartbroken for thinking I had a clue how to do this.  I cannot seem to get the tach sense to work still.  But the system does seem to be acting differently.  I now have the e-brake and foot brake into a diode setup using 2  1N4001 diodes. 

During the tach learning, the system does not confirm the learning...as though I have an incorrect wire.

My tach voltage is reading around 50VAC, which is odd to me, but I have a RPM mode on my DMM and it fluctuates with the acclerator...also this is is coming from a gray wire up near the gauge cluster.  Should I try another wire ?  Autoalarm pro says nothing about the wire being gray, but every forum here does.

Secondly, I have no parking light output.  Even if I wire to just one side of the light system.  I can hear the relay in the module, but no lights.  That confuses me also.  But the wires I have hooked up show +12VDC when I turn on the parking lights manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/printpage.asp?ModelID=19010&MakeID=21

Use this link to check where you are making your wire connections.  You need to check your tach wire and make sure you are using the right one.  You should get about between 1-6volts AC. 

Your vehicle has two parking light wires that you will need two relays to make work.  one relay on each wire. 

What is your vehicle doing right now when you try it?  Does it start?  You could also have a transponder system that needs bypassing if your vehicle was made in Canada.

Ryan Lybeck
quisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

I knew I would get a reply from you Ryan.  Thank You :-)

As of right now I did get passed the first issue of the system just blinking at me and looking stupid.

I don't however have any relays setup to the parking lights, though that shouldn't create any start issues.  I thought I would be home free because the alert has a built in relay...but probably only as a trigger.  On the good side, I did grab a couple relays just in case I would need them, so i'll wire them up next.

But my main concern right now is why won't the damn thing program !  I'm getting way more than 6 volts on the tach wire i'm using right now....though it is a gray wire.  The other grey i checked didn't have potential on it.  It looks as though the unit WILL NOT operate until it has learned a tach sense.  So I gotta play w/ 324983498 grey wires till I find 1 to 6 volts.

If you know the alert system....to program a tach sense you have to run the ign on and off 3x then leave in off position then press vallet button 10x and hold until 5 horn chirps then you press the unlock and lock keypad together 2x and the horn should chirp and led blinks.  Then you start the car and hold the vallet button and it will alert you that it has learned.  I get to the keypad part and then after I start the car I have nothing when I hold the vallet button.  Which means tach sense failed to learn.  What pisses me off is that I used the RPM setting on my DMM and it reads w/ the engine.  Before I rip into more grey wires, could it be somethign else ?

Lastly, I don't think it's a canadian car because I had my SM700 millenium starter hooked up and it would start the car.  I'm pretty sure it was using that same tach wire too.  I never did get to finish setting it up though because It had a bad transistor in the parking setup.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic