icon

Customers and the funny things they say

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mando2155 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

" I should get half off the install cause I already removed the radio and did all the wiring".  " Everything is done its just that the radio dosent work."

Bmnicolosi 
Copper - Posts: 173
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2007 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
All you gotta do is....EVERYTHING.
If you say "I already know how", don't ask me a single question.
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2007 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

I had an installer a few years back that was drilling a hole for an LED for a security system in the center console area and couldn't figure out why his brand new drill bit was not going through the plastic. He removed the center piece (which was not screwed down and yes he should have looked first) to find that he had most definatly gone through the plastic. The barrel of a sig saur (sp?) was what was really stopping the drill bit. The customer even checked off the no box for the question "do you have any guns, explosives, or hazerdous materials in the vehicle." The customer was very upset, but callmed down after we offered to call the police and let them know about the damage to his unliscensed concealed weapon.

My favorite customer is the one that calls for an appoitment for their "stuff" to be hooked up. When asked what "stuff" they say radio. I ask just the radio, no speakers or anything else?  "Yup" or some other monosylabic response spews from the other end of the phone. We then block off an hour for the head unit install and they show up with a deck &4 speakers 2 amps subs and a cap and still want it done in an hour.

Bmnicolosi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2007 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

customer: "you hook my stuff up and it is not working."

me: "Everything is hooked up right, the equipment is bad."

customer: "It worked before"

me: "Okay, but the euipment is 8 yrs old, Im sure it did work at one time"

customer: "I want you to replace it"

me: "sorry, it doesnt work that way"

I hate installing used euipment for this reason.

Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

I had a customer come in with a lincoln navigator, he wanted to put a deck in: so i went and grabbed all the install pieces (dash kit, harness) took them back to the customer and gave them to him, he took a look and said:

" i have a lincoln navigator, not a ford"

myself: "Lincoln is ford, they use the same kit and harness"

Customer: " I dont want ford parts, i want lincoln parts"

Myself: " These are the only parts I carry for your vehicle"

Customer: " ok, ill go somewhere else"

needless to say, 2 days later he was back buying the parts.

a few months later this guy brings in his lincoln zephyr for  a sat radio install and just because i remembered what he did, i made sure to make a comment on how the lincoln zephyr was just a flashy fusion with a bigger price tag... lol... some people are just retar!ded.

Matthew Robertson
Senior Installer
Best Buy Deerfoot Meadows
Calgary, AB, Canada
phatx96xaccord 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2007 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
im sure you guys have heard this atleast once in your career. "i can gettin cheaper on ebay"
would u like your chicken original or extra crispy?
Bmnicolosi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

and after they buy it on ebay: "why you chargin me more for install?"

"cause its not from me."

"I can get a better price somewhere else."

they leave, go elsewhere, come back and i raise my price because i wasnt good enough the first time.  they pay the higher price.  sometimes customers screw themselves with comments.

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
My favorite is the old bucks who you know have plenty of cash, yet still try to haggle with you..
Customer:How much for head unit and install
Me: 350.00 all parts labor and head unit.
Cust : Hmm well I can go o Best buy and get it cheaper..
Me : Thats fine.
Cust: Well I'd rather not, Ive done buisiness with you guys before.
Me: Thats great, thanks for coming back. [he brought his truck in for a 20 $ set of mud flaps at one time 3 years ago]
Cust : What kind of deal can ya give me for being a good customer?
Me: I already gave it to you... 350.00
Cust:Well I'm retired..
Me: If I keep giving retired guys deals I'll never retire, much less live to retirement from malnutrition from not being able to afford to eat!
Cust: Ha, I get your point, set it up and add blah blah blah...
Some people think this place is like going to Mexico and haggleing over everything.
THde other good one is with haggelers, I ask them what they do for a living [or did].
Cust: well I'm a contractor [the worst]
Me: Hey ya know my house needs a new roof , can ya do it?
Cust: yeah, 100 a square.
Me: how about I give you your equipment for the price you want and you do my roof for 50 a square?
Cust: Well theres no way I can do that! the material cost more [bullsh1t].
Me: Ya get my drift?
They buy whatever and think twice before doing it next time... heh
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
duct tape 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

a kid came in to the shop after installing speakers himself.  the window hit the speakers when he rolled the window down.  he asked me to cut out part of his window to make them fit......

i had another guy that bought an infinity kappa 10" sub from me, then a few days later he brings it back and wants me to give him a new one under warranty.  he said it didnt work.  the sub looked like it was dropped b/c the magnet was shifted.  he also had punctures in the cone and rubber surround.  when i told him that warranties do not cover abuse and physical damage, he went off on me and started tearing up my store.  we had to call the cops to remove him.

i installed an alarm in an older volkswagon, went to mount the valet switch in a storage compartment and out dropped a bag of weed and a ton of pills.  finished the job, called the cops, had him pay, then the cops busted him up the street after he left. 

I could go on and on......i'm glad that i dont have to deal with this crap anymore Customers and the funny things they say - Page 10 -- posted image.

Bmnicolosi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2007 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

on the drug notes:

I had an f150 i was doing an overhead in.  pulled down headliner by A-pillar, out falls bag of weed.

I was doing a radio and amp bypass in a crown vic or grand marque.  Guy saw me going into the trunk and got all nervous and kept asking what i was doing.  Told him the whole nine yards, and made him leave the bay.  Come to find out, he was nervous because his duffle bag i moved had enough X in it to make us all rich.

Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic