icon

Customers and the funny things they say

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a new radio in an older nissan Maxima and the guy came back a day later saying that his break lights don't work anymore and its my fault. i tested all of his fuses and took a look at is but i can't find anything wrong with them and i checked the bulbs
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

my fav. thing I've ever read was actuallyfrom the12volt....just had said that a customer had came back complaining that his amp made his tire go flat ....from the vibration of the sub(s).....

sS

rtfm
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
I had a funny this morning. I am installation/service center for intoxa-lock units. Basically the are the handheld units you have to blow into to start your car. The state orders them for people who have habitual drunk drivings. Well basically they tie into start circuit and are triggered from ignition. Anyways I have found these things cause all problems with cars (not) and today an older gentlemen was furious that it was causing his gas mileage to drop.....UHH ok. I guess. I explained to him exactly how it works and that it has absolutely nothing to do with it....As I looked out my showroom window I asked him if towing the fifth wheel he had attached to his truck had anything to do with it.......I guess pulling an extra 3000lbs won't affect mileageCustomers and the funny things they say - Page 4 -- posted image...He made it worth getting up and coming in today....................
xinstallerx 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

Today I went mobile to work on a mercury mountaineer the customer said our remote start caused the starter to go bad.  She suppossedly had 2 mechanics tell her it was the starter that went out.  Needless to say i jump started the battery and started the car with the keys fine  and I was told that you can jumpstart a car with a bad starter and the battery was brand new.

Installers will put it anywhere!
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Had a classic situation 10 min ago. "Your remote start drained my battery", so I conducted a very hard test. Pulled in the garage closed door, waited for security lighting to shut off (shut off garage lights)and oh my gosh the passenger map light remained on. What a shock. I am willing to bet a small pile of cash everbody has heard this one many times and had similar results as mine. The greatest part is when I told her the light was left on, she says no one turned it on it must have been me:). Yes, I frequently turn on the map lights to install a remote starter, not. 
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
I get cracked up when vibration causes every problem from the headlights burning out, to the ac isn't cold anymore.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
forklift 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
I did 4 speakers in a Daewoo Lanos about 2 weeks ago. A few days ago she comes back in saying her brake lights arent working. I pulled it in and none of the contacts on the brake pedal change polarity. We pull the switch out and yank out the plunger and it works and stayed working till she left the lot, screw it
hoping I pass the 1st class for the first time on 5-18-6, wish me luck!
1stclasso 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

i install a system in a car that had been sitting for almost a year, he brought it right to the shop after he bought it from a guy! He comes in and tell me that a cut a hose while going through the fire wall with the power wire( after i pulled 3 different sets or 8 gauge out the same hole to run my 4 gauge), when u look at the hole it looks like a rat chewed it!then he gets mad because i didnt leave enough power wire from the distibution block so he could change the amp!

the convo went like this!

Him: well u knew i was gonna put another amp in there, why didnt u make the wire longer?

Me: from what i understood, i was gonna install the other amp, i got over $5000 in whire stock at the shop to i have more then enough wire to do my job! so the person u have installing it dont have what he needs to complete his job!

and he was really mad!

this one wized me off  and thinkin about it just wized me off again! smh damn

1stclasso 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

oh and! i bought this $1600 head unit from the Flea Market for $800! and its not sounding right,

Me: take it back

him: they dont give refunds or warranty, if u can match that price i will buy a new one from u and the rest of the system

sanity 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Best I have seen is a older woman come in and have her stock headunit replaced for 1 that will play cd's. After the install she left and then came back saying the tires were taken off and she wanted to know why they got removed. They told her that there was no reason to touch the tires and that they didn't. She yelled ( Well my rims are not all pointing and sitting the same way..) She complained for about 20 mins untill the shop owner said they will jack it up and have them all in the same position, so they did that and pulled it back out.. She said see there still in the same position now.. The owner told her to get in the car and drive in a circle... Thus she does and then stops, the shop owner said now get out the car and look. As she looked you could hear her bickering all the way back to the driver seat.. She left without words and till this day hasn't returned...  I still laugh about it.. HAHAHA
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic