icon

Customers and the funny things they say

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I must be different. I saw in that story a guy that didn't even have the money to buy both sets of speakers he was looking at.. do you think he's got the coin for an amp?

Have you ever had to deal with a customer that comes in an says 'I want the best of everything!!.. Money's no object!! I want something better than anyone else!!'

'I've got $700. I can go as high as $750 if I need to.'

Some people, you just can't deal with. The sooner you figure that out, the sooner you can get back to making money.

Jim

tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=Mad Scientists]

Well, I must be different. I saw in that story a guy that didn't even have the money to buy both sets of speakers he was looking at.. do you think he's got the coin for an amp?

He might not have the money for an amp right now, but maybe next month. With better salesmanship, the guy could have left with the speakers and then returned for the amp later. Instead, this shop lost the proffit on the speakers, which was probobly even more than the proffit on the speaker install.plus they had to take the time to uninstall the ones they had originally sold, and put the stock ones back in.

You can't deal with everyone, I know. But a little customer service and common sense would have sold this guy some speakers that he wanted from the beginning. They were already in his car for crying out loud. Whatever, Thats another potential speaker sale for me.

Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Exactly, that customer will go somewhere else like my store and spend revenge money. Its amazing what people will spend when treated well. Some of my best customers come from another shop in town that has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Most customers are un-educated on mobile electronics when they walk through the front door, its the salesman job to educate them ie sell them what they want/need. The more you educate a customer the more they'll spend and the more they'll send their friends inCustomers and the funny things they say - Page 8 -- posted image..........................
keithfish 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2006 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

had a lady say we stole a picture of her kids, center console

"i usto have a cup holder", it was retractable

one couple demanded a refund becuase i left a three six mafia cd in her radio, then refused to return my property becuase we wouldn't do it

trout
wretchedunloved 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

While glancing around Best Buy whilst trying to figure out what I needed to do to my system, I got to overhear a rather amusing conversation between a very good sales rep, I talked to him a lot, he knew his stuff and was good at dealing with clueless folks, and a random middle-aged Hispanic fellow and his wife.

Guy: I want the pack on sale with speakers.

Rep: The Dual's?  We have that package right here, let me gather the components for you.  (( He now proceeds to hunt around for all the pieces and a cart, stacking them all up))

Guy: I need it installed, I can't do it myself.

Rep: We can do that, it will be $80 ( or so ) for installation, plus wiring.  Would you like to buy that now, or at the time of install?

Guy: I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT TO GET INSTALLED?!  AND PAY FOR WIRES!?  DON'T YOU HAVE WIRES?!

Guy's wife:  That is rediculous!!  We come here and buy from you and you try to sneak on more charges!!!

Rep:  You don't have to get it installed here, but you will need to pay for a wiring kit no matter where you get it installed... ( He attempts to use the diagram on the back of a wiring kit to explain that power and signal doesn't float through the air via magic to the amp and subs )

Guy: I can't believe that you would try to cheat your customers!  HOW CAN YOU GET AWAY WITH THAT!?

Guy's wife:  We'll be going back to circuit city!  They won't make us pay $200 on top of the speakers!

Rep: *Blank stare*  They... Will charge you for installation... And materials...

Guy: No, we talked to them, they won't do that!!  They didn't say anything like that!!

They now proceed to walk off and I burst out laughing when they get out of sight, then the sales rep does also.  Good times.

2001 Monte Carlo SS
Sony XM-2002GTR
Sony XS-L123P5 x 2
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
Since I left best buy I actually miss customers like that. They make great stories.
wotugot4me 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2007 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

Had a lady come and complain about her new radio, she had a nissan almera with quite a large molded in radio, so ordered the replacement panel and fitted the radio.  She didnt think i was going to take her radio tape out to put the new radio in, she thought i could put it in her 1/2 din cd holder slot.  She was then peed off cos she has a "special" feature that gave her traffic updates on her nissan radio.  I then showed her the traffic function of her new cd player and she left in a hurry.  Where do these people come from.

Another guy said since i fitted his new radio the rear speakers stopped working, so book him in do all the usual checks and find nothing, no rear speakers that i can find but thought that they maybe amplified in the trunk..  Eventually rip the car apart to see where the problem is (it was an audi with amplified speakers in the front) turns out there are no rear speakers at all. 

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2007 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Price shoppers drive me nuts, they waste more time then you can ever make off of them. Any way this guy is a classic dawin award winner. Guy comes in looking for a lift kit for his 03 chev. I tell him 2650 installed.. not a bad price around here. He then asks me why so cheap? It must not be the same kit. I looked it up again and yes the same kit. He then tells me that the shop down the road wants 3600 for the kit and 1200 labor for the same kit. WTF figured I had the deal in the bag. He then asked me if I would price match. I said well It depends what do you want to price match? my price is about the lowest around the area. He asks me to match their price. Now I'm totally confused , and looking at the guy like he's absolutly nutz. I asked him what he meant, the shop "B"s price is twice mine. He says yes, but is the quality and the special equipment the same as shop "B"'s. [A light went off in my head] This guy got a line of crap from some sales guy who was looking to pad his pockets off this moron. I explained to him what the installation consists of and what equipment is needed and so forth. Now the guy insists to see the shop. Lucky for me it's pretty new and was very clean that day, He lookes over the place, asked to see all the tools and such. He must have been quite impressed with my box and the contents , because he opened up a few drwares and said, "this place is way better than shop "B". Nce and clean , and lots of the correct tools." He then tells me to write it up for the amount the OTHER shop is doing it for. twice my price! I told him no problem, wrote it up the way HE wanted. Discussed it with my partner and agreed to try and get it for our price. Upon calling and offering it again for our price, the guy still wouldn't budge, he wanted to pay the extra ching for the "qualtiy factor" I said ok, no problem. I felt bad taking the guy's money like that, but I offered several times do do it for the "fair"price.   Moral of the story, a snot nosed competitors sales kid, who doesn't know squat about what he's selling, made me a bundle of a typical uninformed consumer with his own ideas about the way things work. I did call shop "b" after the guy left and must have gotten the same kid because I got the same price , reason why it was higher than the rest of his bs story, and same part numbers that I install.
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
firelizard 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
I don't work in the industrie but I've seen a good one..like this guy in my paint class who has his amp's power wire coming out from his hood, over the A pillar, between the door and the jamb, into the interior!
How about a silly seller?
Went to FS looking at the Punch P1. I asked about the 8-ohm model. A blank look and one more employee later they decided there were only 4 ohm subwoofers.
Another time, same employee, I go in and ask for the Pioneer CD-IB 100 iPod adaptor that I had seen. He started showing me iTrips. That guy left. Then some other guy went and got it for me. He asked if I was getting it installed. I said "no thanks, I'll D.I.M.". He answered "Are you sure? You have to plug in the wire at the back" "The IP Bus you mean? That and the power wires, I can handle that".
He looked so unsure I couldn't help but be a little insulted.
Took me 10 minutes to install it, even less to take it out and re-package it 'cuz I realized I'd been had - the CDIB100 is twice the price and slower than the CDIB100II - only available in the US.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2007 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  

firelizard wrote:
cuz I realized I'd been had - the CDIB100 is twice the price and slower than the CDIB100II - only available in the US.

To be fair you cant really say you were had, I mean you ASKED for a CDIB100. If you had asked for a CDIB100II and had been given the 100, or if you asked what the difference was and they told you there wasnt one than you can say you had been had.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic