icon

2000 Neon, Viper 5900 sst

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m2736185 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone ever did an alarm/Rs on a 2000 Neon before? Correct me if I am wrong here the clutch switch is negative switching so... I have 2 wires tapping into each of the 2 clutch wires going to 87 & 30 then I connect (-) starter out put and (+) fused 12 volt to relay? Also is the headlights negative or pos switched?
m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Now for the power locks, I use the following relay connection
2000 Neon, Viper 5900 sst -- posted image.
m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Just bought a 5900, putting it into my 2000 Neon. I am starting with the satellite Relay harness. There is a cable that says "input from ignition, other side of key"..what do I connect this to? Also my 2000 Neon it says the Ignition 2 and accessory wire are both the same color, does this mean they are the same wire? If so i guess i connect accessory wire and ignition 2 wire to the same wire ?
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

I think you're refering to the ribbon harness. Don't cut this nor connect anything to it. All connections to the car are done from the relay pak heavy guage wires.

Your car has only one ignition, the blue, to which you connect the heavy guage pink.

Orange from relay pak goes to BLACK/ orange at ignition barrell.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
no i was refering to the heavy guage wire out of satellite relay harness. I guess that anwers my question, i wanted to know if the accessory wire also connects to the ign 2 but since there is no ign 2 i guess not. What about the green wire, the manual says ignition input?
Big Dog 
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

It's not actually an ignition input but rather a crank wire input from the ignition switch.

Your starter wire is yellow. Cut it. Connect the heavy green to the key side and the heavy purple to the engine side.

m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
thanks that makes sense, what about the remote start activation input on the main alarm harness...what does this connect to?
Big Dog 
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

Nothing.

It's used to activate the remote start by using a short pulse from a security or keyless module.

You won't be connecting this in your case.

m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a few r/s before but never an entire system..so i am running into a little prob. So far I have connected all the wires for the satellite relay harness ( all the heavy guage wires for the remote start). But now its time for the alarm...I see there are 4 different door inputs? Door trigger input zone 3, multiplex unit zone 4, door trigger input zone 3, domelight supervision output , armed output. Those are all for the primary harness...do I need all those options if so I guess I would find those wires by the kick panel and I would test them by opening and closing the door?

Now for the auxilary output there is a factory alarm and disarm..since my factory alarm arms and disarm with lock and unllock there should be no use for this right?
And finally with the door lock harness, do I need to use a relay for this? Or do I just connect the wires to the unlock and lock? There seems to be 3 unlock wires do I need all 3?

m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

okay so I am stuck with only a few more wires to go... I just discovered there is a second acc wire in my ignition harness, online reference says there is only one but there is another wire BLACK/ white..do i connect this wire as well to the same harness wire for acc1?

Now with the door trigger switch i tested the wire that it was suppost to be and I got a constant 6v when the door is opened and closed, what am I suppost to get? 

And finally with the door lock harness, do I need to use a relay for this? Or do I just connect the wires to the unlock and lock? I tested the wire and I get 10v when the door is unlocked...is this right
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic