icon

2000 Neon, Viper 5900 sst

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

The blue wire of the 555C needs to see ground out during remote start.

The Neons have a RED / white second acc which needs to be triggered for the 555C (or any transponder module) to learn - this is the idea of using the oem key and tin foil. This RED / white is not required for remote start however.

Do you have two different keys? One key twice will not work.

Wait up to a minute while programming the 555C.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
m2736185 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Well this gets better, is this odd or is it just me? Here is the latest progress. So they key programmed but... it still cuts off with R/S. It cuts off if I try to remote start with the key covered in tin foil, but as soon as I put the chip near the ignition it stays on. So I connected the blue wire to a constant ground so its always on then I go to start it with the key without the foil and it cuts off so im like whats going on here. As soon as i removed the ground from the chip it starts with the regular key. For some reason I dont think its going to start unless a key is in the run position. Has anyone ever heard of this? to test this out I started the car with the R/S and quickly put the key covered in foil into the run position and it stayed on.
Big Dog 
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

I'm just a little confused.

The blue of the 555c should be connected to a "ground when running" output of the remote starter. The relay of the 555c should only activate when remote started.

Let me explain how the 555c works which will help you understand what it's supposed to do.

The 555c is actually a pellet taken from a key. There is a winding around the pellet which shunts (blocks) the RF at all times except when the blue wire is activated at which point the relay opens the shunt winding allowing the RF of the pellet to send its signal to the car. It's that simple.

m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Yes i am aware of how it works, but what I am saying is it only works when there is a key in the ignition. If i start the car with the remote and quickily insert the foiled wrapped key the car works fine. Keep in mind if I try to start the car with the foil wrapped key without the pellet it cuts off. So what I was trying to say is the chip is not working unless there is a key in the ignition. If i try to remote start the car with the key without foil in the ACC Position it will not work either unless the key is in the run position.
Big Dog 
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Stupid question: Did you connect the red of the 555c to acc or 12V battery?
m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
red wire is connected and fused to constant +12
m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe the second accesspry wire needs power?
m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Well I tired jumping the second ACC wire and a few others but nothing . I know the chip is programed because I wrapped a key in foil and it would cut off if i tried to start it with the key but as soon as i put the 555C chip near the ignition it starts. Also If i remote start just before the car starts I would put the key wrapped in foil to the run position and the car would stay running. Keep in mind the will not start unless the key is in the run position with or without the chip.
m2736185 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

well prob solved....i thought you just had to set the jumpers to no tach i didnt know you also had to program it to voltage. well thats done now. Now 2 more things and i should be set. Right now I have the ground for the 555 module connected to my defroster output, but I want to connect it to my defroster so what am I going to use to ground it when the R/S engages?  And Second I have my lock and unlock connected to my (-) factory arm and dis arm which i dont think has an option for 2 negative pulses which is what I need to unlock...will i need to hook it up to the unlock harness?

Big Dog 
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  

There was a 4 pin connector (pink., purple, orange, blue) in the box which connects into the XCRS relay pak. The blue is the "ground out" wire required for the 555C.

Unless I'm mistaken, you've built a multiplexed system which has two relays and resistors for arm/lock and disarm/unlock.

If that's so, for locks, the 5900 can be programmed for double pulse unlock. Don't forget to also connect the GREEN/ black disarm of the 5900 to activate your unlock/disarm relay so it can automatically disarm before remote starting.

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic