icon

2006 chrysler 300, eclipse avn 7000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dkeshish 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2007 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I am purchasing a avn7000 tomorrow. I have a question, from everything i am reading it doesnt show me if there is an alternate input for video... Does it? Reasoning.. I want to hook up my xbox in the car and wonder if like the pioneer units if the eclipse has the input for video. Also I am assuming that the Rear view camera input on the Eclipse headunit is an rca female input correct?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 09, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
dkeshish 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys so I am wondering. If you are going to run fans for amps, tv's, a rear camera, etc... why would you not use a relay for all of that? So why would you not use a relay for all? Meaning using the acc to switch with 12volt battery power goin into the relay? So why wouldnt you? Just curious... I have tv's a rear camera, 2 amp fans....

I figure run an acc wire to a relay then fuse each item...

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
What else would you use???
I always use a relay..its better and safer than overloading the factory wiring...doing it the wrong way is just dangerous
dkeshish 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
i hear ya thanks man. I appreciate it. I kinda figured that. I never used a relay before until i knew how it worked. now i do and it just makes send to use the battery power than some acc wire you lift out of the fuse box or somewhere else...
dkeshish 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
my head unit has this wire. sorry i just read this and it didnt make sence. So my headunit has a wire that says auto ant. (which is the antenna power supply) where do i connect this
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
if you dont have a power or amplified antenna dont worry about it..... i dont remember off the top off my head if it has an amplified antenna. just plug antenna in and check am/fm if you got good reception call it a day. are you getting audio? hopefully you dont got the canbus audio sytem(hate those)
dkeshish 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  

thanks man, I will do it this weekend. for some apparent reason i thought i should connect that wire to acc... im a fool. it was late at night when i was trying to figure out all the wires. so if i dont connect that wire to anything i am ok? COOL!!! thanks again.

Cant wait to put this Eclipse AVN7000 in!!

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Make certain your relay is rated for the accessory load, though... Sounds to me like you're going to be looking for something a bit bigger than your everyday Bosch 20A model.
Be careful there, too! Choose the right part!
It all reminds me of something that Moličre once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
 tv's a rear camera, 2 amp fans      I think your run of the mill bosch relay will be able to handle the current.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic