icon

2009 Hummer H3 Remote Start Review

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2009 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. The factory circuit is intact in the rest position.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Doing this right now.. Locks.. Light Blue and Dark Blue in Driver's kick.. There are about 5 of each color.. I tested all of them.. One set tests around 6V at rest but does not change when I hit the lock / unlock buttons..
All the others don't test any V at rest.. WTH?!
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Also, do these require a tach hookup? I can't seem to find the injectors.. It looks like the Intake is covering them..
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Just tested the resistor value.. If it had 1761 that means 1761 ohms, right? What commonly sold resistor value would work for that?
I just found that I had a 1870 one but is that close enough? If I try it and it's not will it jack stuff up or just not start?
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
you can combine resistors to obtain that number, if you put the resistors inline (end to end) you add the numbers to reach the value, if you put them together side by side the number is cut in half( i.e. if you took 2 of your 1870's and put them end to end youd have 3740 give or take a point if you twisted them together side by side youd have 935 ohms) try to get as close as physically possible to your number needed, also the door locks are in the harness somewhat inside the kick panels metal wall going into the door boot
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
jim hunter wrote:
you can combine resistors to obtain that number, if you put the resistors inline (end to end) you add the numbers to reach the value, if you put them together side by side the number is cut in half( i.e. if you took 2 of your 1870's and put them end to end youd have 3740 give or take a point if you twisted them together side by side youd have 935 ohms) try to get as close as physically possible to your number needed, also the door locks are in the harness somewhat inside the kick panels metal wall going into the door boot
Thanks for the reply.. I can't find the locks anywhere.. I'm in that boot boot in the kick panel but like I said there are like 5 blue and 5 light blue.. I tested ALL of them and only two test with voltage at rest but they don't move (stay at 6.3V) when I hit the lock / unlock..
Thanks for the tip on the relays.. So if I would get the value wrong somehow would that jack anything up?
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
if your too far off( they say you have 10% but i never want to push it that close) then when you tried to remote start it you would send a wrong code thereby not enabling it to start, and after a couple attempts would lock the vehicle out of even starting with the key till you reset the system(long key on process)but less than 10 % difference would be ok but i wouldnt trust 10% for too long(therfore your 1761 could range fromjust under 1600 to1930, but again get as close to 1761 as possible and i prefer to use only 2 resistors at most to achieve this )and door locks are there harness is inside metal of kick panel wall and rest at ground and show 12 volts when switch is used
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. I got a 1500 and a 249 so that should be close enough..
I thought (-) locks rested at 12V and then went to ground when pressed?
And does this vehicle need a tach hooked up? If so, where do I find it? I can't see the injectors!
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
yea 1749 is close enough, just wire them end to end and make sure they are secured with somehting taped to them(i use a pice of heavy zip tie) to strengthen them so as not easy to break ( as they are fragile) and sorry i was dislexic yes locks show 12 volts at rest and go to ground when switch used,(if i remember correctly reach hand inside hole in metal wall of kick panel to reach door boot harness) and no tach is needed as this truck has gm smart stART circuit( you could remove cover to get at injectors but ive never done this on colorado/canyon or h3, same vehicle) and you can set crank time to longest setting with no worries as vehicle will only crank as long as it wants no matter how long your starter does
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
This is where I'm looking..
2009 Hummer H3 Remote Start Review - Page 4 -- posted image.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic