icon

2009 Hummer H3 Remote Start Review

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Most GM Passlock systems go into long-tamper (10 minute lockout) mode with three incorrect start attempts.
You should be able to make all the attempts you want, IF, you start the car by key in between.
My personal rule is I don't allow any more that two bad start attempts. On the second attempt, hit the brake, kill the unit, start it up with the key and let it run for a few seconds.
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
That's good to know.. Thanks..
Any idea why it's staying running for about 3 seconds and then shutting off? Would it act that way if the relays were wired incorrectly?
vettn 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Try changing the settings to alternator. I just got a cliffor 50.7 to remote start and it was set for virtual tech and it would start and shut back down after about 5 seconds. I changed it to voltage (I suppose it the same as alternator on yours) and it's been starting fine.   Btw, since the passkey lockout only locks it out for about 10 minutes, you could try remote starting few time and see if it locks the passkey. If it doesn't, at least you would know it's probably not you bypass. Just a though.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for that vettn! I'll try changing it to alternator.. Are you 100% that it only locks it out for 10 minutes? How will I know if it's locked out?
Thanks again!
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
You'll know you are locked out when the truck won't start with the key. You can also tell by looking at the security light in the dash cluster. If it flashing when you turn the key or when you remote start, you will know it is the passlock system. I always do what Luongo said. 2 attempts, and then start with the key. If you get locked out, just turn the key to the on position, and let it sit for 15. The security light will stop flashing. You can start the truck again.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks.. So if I set it to alternator sensing and it still shuts down after about 3 seconds then what can it be?
Would it act like this if the relay bypass was incorrect or would it just not start at all if that was the case?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
It shouldn't start at all if it was the bypass. Watch the security light when you try to remote start. If it flashing when the car is cranking, and during the three seconds it it running, then it is the bypass.
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

when you rs and it fails how many times do lights flash

good luck
kirk
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
ck auto wrote:

when you rs and it fails how many times do lights flash

What lights? The parking lights? If that's what you mean it doesn't give a code.. It actually DOES remote start it just shuts down after 2-3 seconds..
And I was just looking at the Compustar manual.. About changing it to alternator sensing.. It says when you set it to this that it requires a connection.. I don't think that's going to fix my issue. :(
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
how  are you programed and conectted know for tach
good luck
kirk
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic