viper 5904 and 2013 toyota tacoma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
imports4life 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
jmat72 wrote:

Yes, I got everything working correctly, with the changes made in the following posts.  I did use a relay for the horn, starter 2 and the dome light supervision.  I would search around, I don't think the wiring is going to be the same in a Scion tc.

also could you tell me where you pkall wires went? you had question marks everywhere on it so im a bit worried about that lol.
jmat72 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
I used a standard relay.  Not sure if they have them at radio shack, I would assume so.  I connected it like rascal737 and kreg357 laid in the post I have linked in my OP.  Pin 86 and 87 to 12v, pin 85 to H2/18 and pin 30 to starter wire 2 (BLACK/ white).
jmat72 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

If you read the following posts, kreg357 corrected my wiring from the alarm to the PKALL.  As for the PKALL wiring, you can use the link I had in the one of the posts and find your Scion on the list of pdfs (assuming it is supported) and that will tell you how to wire it up.

imports4life 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
Last question: on the shock sensor does the green wire connect somewhere or is that for extra sensors?
jmat72 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

Doesn't connect to anything.  Don't make the same mistake as I did.  My warn away wasn't working and I just googled it, the green loop needs to be on the sensor side and the loose green needs to be on the brain side.  They should have made the molex unique so it only works one way.  Now I have to get back under the dash and switch them.

imports4life 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
for all the 12v wires did you connect it straight to the one 12v source in ignition harness? im a little worried about doing that because the remote start wires are about the same guage as the 12v source and i have like 3-4 to connect to it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Think logically. If the feed wire is thinner than the R/S wires, it doesn't matter yours will handle the current!
But then if it was much thicker, I'd worry.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

For another source of +12V constant power, most Toyota's have a thick gauge wire ( usually White or Black ) at the

front of the fuse box.  It is usually rated at over 100 Amps.

Did you check the front of the fuse box?

Soldering is fun!
imports4life 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
kreg357 wrote:

For another source of +12V constant power, most Toyota's have a thick gauge wire ( usually White or Black ) at the

front of the fuse box.  It is usually rated at over 100 Amps.

Did you check the front of the fuse box?

yes i did find a big white wire but it was big!! like 1 or 0 guage my wire strippers where to small to cut it lol i guess i will get a razor blade and put the multimeter to it tomorrow and test. should i put a fuse on it before i connect it to that big wire?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
That big White wire is already fused in the engine compartment.  If it tests as +12V constant, just strip off some insulation in a convenient place and connect & solder on the +12V power wires from the Viper 5904 ( which are themselves already fused ).  If you do it "hot", just be careful not to ground out your solder, soldering iron, etc and remove the Vipers fuses until the all install connections are finished.  You will need a 140 watt or better soldering gun.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic