icon

icbm7071 alarm in 2004 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Have fun with this unit. I installed 4 of these for one customer and within 3 weeks all 4 of these were junk. Ended up switching out all of them for artic start units. Hope these work well for you.
antman1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
lucasoil4u wrote:
Have fun with this unit. I installed 4 of these for one customer and within 3 weeks all 4 of these were junk. Ended up switching out all of them for artic start units. Hope these work well for you.
This hasnt been the case for me. I installed one of these in my van back in March and it has been awesome. I have had no problems other than one of the key fobs quit working in August and I told the people I got it from on ebay and they said send it back to us and they sent me a new one. You can see my previous install page from here: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130600~KW~antman1~PN~1~TPN~1
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
I am noticing something I think I have wrong.
8 Pin (H3) Harness:
1 - GREEN/ Black Factory disarm - dk. GREEN/ purple     -     driver kick panel
2 - GREEN / WHITE Factory rearm - arms on lock w/door open    
These 2 connections are for the factory alarm. I made sure the other day I don't have a factory alarm by rolling the window down and locking the doors with the factory keyfob then I waited a couple of minutes and reached in and unlocked and opened the door. no alarm when I did this. shouldn't those 2 connections be Not Connected?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
Correct.  If the truck does not have the Factory Alarm, there would be no need to have the ICBM7071 try to arm / disarm it.
Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
I did my wire prepping yesterday and was gonna install it but it was raining. I wanted to confirm something though. Do I have the lock and unlock wiring right? Do I need a relay or is going to go direct like I have it?
10 Pin Primary (H1) Harness
3 - Violet - N/C
4 - Blue/Black - Power Door Unlock Negative Wire (-): Pink/Light Green
5 - BROWN / Black - Chassis Ground
6 - Violet/Black - N/C
7 - GREEN/ Black - Power Door Lock Negative Wire (-): Pink / YELLOW
8 - WHITE/ Black - Chassis Ground
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
The ICBM7071 has built in relays.  Your wiring is good if it's Type B (-) door locks ( F150 with Factory RKE ).
Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
The ICBM7071 has built in relays.  Your wiring is good if it's Type B (-) door locks ( F150 with Factory RKE ).
Thank you kreg357, It was another cold rainy day so I will have to wait a bit longer. Wish I had a garage. I'll let you know how it goes.
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2013 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
Its a cold day but a good one so far, I am working on getting this installed but I have run into a snag or 2. I am very uncertain on the RX ECM, TX ECM and Ignition wires for the 1100F. Do you know exactly were this connector with the wires is located or what the colors and location are? Don't wanna screw the PATS system up. been reading horror stories on here while looking for it.
Other than that I just have these left:
domelight supervision wire,
Passenger door pin trigger wire,
Brake light positive wire,
door unlock wire (so far giving me a hard time to find)
door lock wire (so far giving me a hard time to find)
Tach wire under hood to Injector
Siren (Under hood)
Hood Pin Switch (Under hood)
kreg357 
Posted: February 01, 2013 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

The Directed 1100F is pretty much the same install as the ADS TB FM2.  Here is a link to it's install guide :

http://cdnprotected2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/TB-FM2/ADS-TB-FM2-EN_20130104.pdf?nvb=20130201205250&nva=20130201215250&hash=09bafb0d87bf9f3617b48
It gives the transponder connector diagram, connector location and wire colors you need.

Are the truck's wires matching up with the 2003 or 2004 F150?  It is sometimes easier to get the lock wires

in the passenger kick panel.

Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2013 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

The Directed 1100F is pretty much the same install as the ADS TB FM2.  Here is a link to it's install guide :

http://cdnprotected2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/TB-FM2/ADS-TB-FM2-EN_20130104.pdf?nvb=20130201205250&nva=20130201215250&hash=09bafb0d87bf9f3617b48
It gives the transponder connector diagram, connector location and wire colors you need.

Are the truck's wires matching up with the 2003 or 2004 F150?  It is sometimes easier to get the lock wires

in the passenger kick panel.

Thank you, I got everything except Domelight supervisor wire (wasnt sure how to check if I found the right wire in the passenger kick panel. had a black with light blue strip wire but I didnt get any voltage with the door open or close on it. Domelight Supervision isnt really needed though.
The PDF that you just referenced said I have a type 1-C connector located on the PATS harness. do you know about were to look for that harness? Also it said for that bypass module not to connect the Ignition wire to the connector at the PATS plug but to connect it to the vehicles ignition. Do I need to wire it there or the PATS Plug for the 1100F?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic